The CrossFit Open is upon us!
Below are the details of what that is and how it will be handled at 810 CrossFit. It will play a major role in the Friday, Saturday, and Monday classes at 810 from 2/24-3/15!
- The CrossFit Open is a three-week international competition where anyone — regardless of fitness level or ability — can compete in the biggest fitness competition in history.
- For 3 consecutive Thursdays at Noon EST (2/24, 3/3, & 3/10), CrossFit will be releasing a workout to the world, there is expected to be 300,000+ participants! There will be two versions of the workout (RX and Scaled). The competition is also broken up by gender and age groups.
- For the participants, each Thursdays workout will have until the following Monday at 8pm EST to submit a score for the workout. To submit a score, you must do the RX’d or Scaled version of the workout, have a judge count your reps & assure your reps are legit, and be registered for the official open(it is $20).
- Each Monday of the Open (2/28, 3/7, & 3/14) we will be doing the released Open workouts in class. We will have the workout divided into our normal, seven Level Method Colors. Although we will all be doing the workout on Monday, OPEN PARTICIPANTS MUST DO THE RX’d OR SCALED version (those will be two of the “colors” for the workout on Monday) & have a judge in order to submit a score. We will be dividing the class into judges and athletes for two heats. It will be a little crazy, but it is fun!
- Each Saturday during the Open (2/26, 3/5, & 3/12), we will run ONE Saturday class. It will be at 9am. It will be a quick, 30 minute class. Anyone wanting to do an Open attempt can come and warm-up at 9am, we will do Open attempts at 9:30am. We hope 9am peeps can stay and help Judge!
- Each Friday during the Open (2/25, 3/4, & 3/11), we will have our “coached open gym,” which is what we do right now every Thursday. This will allow for Open workout strategy to be discussed, rules to be reviewed, and if anyone does wants to throw down Friday in class, we can accommodate for that to happen too!
- Each Thursday during the Open (2/24, 3/3, & 3/10), we will have normal running classes, no coached open gym on Thursdays during the open.
- If you would like to participate in the Open, and you can not make any of the Friday, Saturday, or Monday options, you must reach out to [email protected] to set something up. Open scores submitted during 24/7 access WILL NOT BE VALIDATED BY 810 CROSFIT!
- Although it is not necessary, it is always helpful to take the judges course if you are participating in the Open. That cost is $20 and located here: https://oc.crossfit.com/course?id=55&language=en
- In order to register for the CrossFit Open, you must do so before Monday, 2/28. Here is the link! https://open.crossfit.com
The CrossFit Open will give CrossFit athletes everywhere the chance to challenge themselves and shine on a global stage. Regardless of your age or ability, when you register for the Open, you’re signing up to bring out your very best, create memories, and have a blast. The 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Open isn’t for everyone, but it’s for anyone. For first-timers. For seasoned competitors. We’re all in it together.
Join for the fitness. Stay for the fun.
We hope to see you on the Leaderboard!