Every Memorial Day, 810 CrossFit participates in the classic “MURPH” memorial workout. It is a brutal workout commemorating a fallen United States Navy Lieutenant, Michael Murphy, and the workout is followed by an awesome community picnic. Check out our 2018 and our 2019 highlight videos of the event!
In 2020, we don’t know what this event will feel like! It could be just like the highlight videos, it could be multiple heats of smaller gatherings, it could be everyone doing it at home on their own, it could be a zoom workout, who knows!
However, one things is certain, we should prepare and focus so we are ready for the Memorial Day tradition!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO DO THAT:
- Anybody can participate and complete this event, as there are multiple ways to do it. Officially, the event is as follows:
Run 1 Mile
300 Air Squats
Run 1 Mile
*Wear a 20lb Vest
When we say it can be done multiple ways, one example would be not wearing a 20lb vest. Another option would be doing jumping pull-ups or ring rows. Another would be not running full miles on the book ends. Another option could be doing 3/4, 1/2, or 1/4 of the reps of each movement. Or you could combine these scaling options!
- In order to train you must have a pull-up option to train with. This could be a real pull-up structure, a set of rings, or a homemade contraption for ring rows. Another option could be training with strict pull-ups only on a doorway pull-up structure, you could use bands to help scale the pull-ups. However, I would not recommend training kipping pull-ups on this apparatus though.
- We have developed a specific 4-week training regime, starting Monday , 4/27, and ending on Memorial Day! The trainings focuses for each day will look like:
Monday = Pull-Up, Push-Up, & Air Squat Focus
Tuesday = Running Focus (Interval Training)
Wednesday = Classic CrossFit Focus
Thursday = Stretching Focus
Friday = Running, Pull-up, Push-Up, & Air Squat Focus
Saturday/Weekend = Running Focus (Long duration)
- The workouts will continue to post in WODIFY, so continue to check-in to class and record your results!
- The workouts will also continue to post on our social media platforms, please “like” and comment if you’d like!
- The workouts will continue to happen at our Zoom classes. If you haven’t joined one give it a shot, they can be inspiring! Also, remember that our Kid’s classes are free to all members children!
6:30AM Adult Class (Monday – Friday):
9:30AM Adult Class (Monday – Saturday):
11:30AM Kids K-5 Class (Monday-Friday) USE CODE: crossfit:
*Upon entry, please click on the “Participants” tab, find your name display, please change your display name to the child’s name. Thank you!
3PM High School Class (Monday-Friday):
*Upon entry, please click on the “Participants” tab, find your name display, please change your display name to the participants name. Thank you!
6PM Adult Class (Monday – Friday):
- If you’d like to print the training regimes and put them on your refrigerator, here they are!:
WEEK 1 TRAINING PDF
WEEK 2 TRAINING PDF
WEEK 3 TRAINING PDF
WEEK 4 TRAINING PDF
It has been a hell of ride this 2020 quarantine, and we hope this novel event and structured training regime will help inspire you and keep you focused for the month of May!
We miss all of you and are so grateful for sticking by 810 during this tough time! We will be back in the gym soon!